Embarrassing admission: had never actually listened to “The Bends” until my boss was cleaning out his office, found the CD, and I ripped it.
17 (heyyyy) seconds in and I realized what I’d been missing. this fucking song.
An ENORMOUS congratulations to Donna Tartt, winner of the 2014 Pulitzer Prize for Fiction for THE GOLDFINCH!
Fascinatingly, the chorus is actually a sample of a Steely Dan song. I mean, WHAT?! RIGHT?!
To celebrate my 300 followers, I am doing a book giveaway!
Here are the rules:
- Only reblogs count. You can reblog as much as you want but don’t spam your followers
- You must be following bookpillows. (This giveaway is about thanking my followers after all)
- No giveaway blogs!
- You must be willing to give me your address. I promise this information will be kept confidential and secure.
- Your ask box must be open so that I can contact you if you win. If you do not reply within 24 hours I will move on to the next winner.
- Three winners will each pick One book. The winners will be chosen through a random number generator.
- The winners will be able to chose any of the books listed above.
- This is an international giveaway, but I will be using the book depository, so make sure your country is listed on their page.
- This giveaway ends on May 3, 2014.
- If you have any questions direct them here.
So my boss is moving to Chicago
every taco needs love, baby.
(man, I wanna go out drinking with Josh Homme)
Can’t think of a better person to play Tupac on Broadway than Niggy Tardust himself.
Fishburne is like “jesus christ, stage actors” and Raul is like SCENERY OM NOM NOM and it is just amazing.
(Source: spaceslayer, via thewriter8)